Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Quicken H&B

Quote Reply
Quicken H&B
I'm thinking of changing over from Microsoft Money Home & Business to quicken deluxe (Quicken Home & Business in the US) for managing the business side of things.

Does anyone want to save me wasting my cash before I buy.

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Quicken H&B In reply to
Having looked at the new upcoming 2002 UK version of Money P&B, I think I'll stick with that - better the devil you know... he-he.

On a side note, the makers of Copernic have a shopping price comparison utility that scans major online stores for the best prices on software etc. This beauty has already saved me £20 from just 1 purchase alone! Check it out: http://www.copernic.com/...per/basic/index.html

~ ERASER

Last edited by:

Eraser: Oct 27, 2001, 6:50 AM
Quote Reply
I think Quicken is nice since you can sync your expense report on PDA devices...although you can do the same thing with Money for PDAs that run Microsoft ME like Compaq's mini-personal computer.

In terms of usability, I found Money to be a lot easier to use than Quicken...I found that you have to be a financial/accounting wizard to use Quicken because of the semantics built-into the program.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewbaca] Quicken H&B In reply to
Yes, plus Quicken has the advantage of being able to e-mail invoices to customers, something MS Money was lacking until the new 2002 release. Money still doesn't have the job tracking feature of Quicken though, but the interface has a new look - my major gripe for previous versions.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
On another Quicken issue I have been using Quicken Personal for many years over several versions and downloading stock prices but have never been able to solve the mystery of "Unable to verify presence of network connections. .........." message that appears in the middle of the download dialogue. Taking the IGNORE option completes the download but shouldn't have to do this. I have a broadband cable connection, ISP does not require proxy settings etc as Internet browsing is fine. In fact if proxy settings are tried the whole process stops.

Any one come across this problem and if so have they solved it?
Quote Reply
Re: How to remove years of records. ?? In reply to
I am running Quicken 2000 and have files for the last six or seven years. I would like to keep the last 3-years and delete the rest. I can find no information on how to do this. Vic