Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Quickbooks Premier Accountants 2002

Quote Reply
Quickbooks Premier Accountants 2002
Facts:

1. I am the accountant. I use QB Premier Accountant's version 2002.

2. My client uses QB Basic version 2002.

Problem:

1. After entering all transactions on his computer, my client then e-mails me a backup copy. I make necessary correction/journal entries and return to client via e-mail. Client says he is unable to restore the backup. Any QB advisors out there???

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [sr3448] Quickbooks Premier Accountants 2002 In reply to
Sorry, not a Quickbooks expert, and I use Quicken 2003 for Business/Personal...one thing I can think of is may be you are not saving the backup to a version that is supported in Basic, or you've added extra columns or data that is not supported by Quickbooks Basic. Check to see if there is some sort of "backward compatible" version save option to save the file to be read by Quicken Basic.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [sr3448] Quickbooks Premier Accountants 2002 In reply to
I think I am having the same sort of problem moving from one version to another. My client has QuickBooks Pro 2001, his accountant in Ohio uses QuickBooks basic, and I have QuickBooks Pro 2002. I am guessing that his accountant does all the work. The file I got is a .qbb file. All of my files are .qbw and I cannot figure out how to upload the file. Any ideas you get passed along would be most appreciated.

I called Quickbooks tech support. They want $75 per 20 minutes of support and suggested we all just buy the 2004 version as a more economical solution. Not quite the resolution I was looking for.