Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

QUICKBOOKS PROBLEM

Quote Reply
QUICKBOOKS PROBLEM
Quickbooks problem. Downloaded banking data but did not record to register. Later downloaded credit card data and began recording to credit card register when I discovered that banking data was also in the list. When I open the banking register the bank data does not appear. When I open the credit card register it does. How do I get the bank data to the bank register?
Quote Reply
Re: [budpeppers] QUICKBOOKS PROBLEM In reply to
The problem is that most banks provide downloaded invoices/reports in formats that only work with Quicken. What you should do is purchase an Excel Add-In that will allow you to convert the downloaded data into Quickbooks format.

Here is a great company that provides such Add-ins:

http://www.bigredconsulting.com/

I contracted them to enhance their Excel Add-in further that dynamically adds in the appropriate columns in the Excel spreadsheet and saves it into a QuickBooks INF file. Nice little app that has saved the accountant of one of the companies I am contracting with in terms of massaging the downloaded bank file.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Sep 25, 2003, 8:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] QUICKBOOKS PROBLEM In reply to
My bank does provide QuickBooks downloads but for some reason my downloaded transactions have become associated with the wrong register. I need to get the downloaded transactions associated with the correct QB register.
Quote Reply
Re: [budpeppers] QUICKBOOKS PROBLEM In reply to
Is the account in the file correct? If not iif importing would create a new Bank acccount.
Jack
www.qbTeK.com (QB Products, Services, Programming, Conversions)