Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian?

Quote Reply
PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian?
Mmmm...I was just looking at my log files, and saw I was refered by http://www.pcmagazine.ro ... I've found the part referencing my site, but can't find anything to translate...I wanna know what they are sayign about my site Smile

Quote:
raspuns1:
Dacă nu aveți (ca și mine, de altfel) timp, chef sau talent să învățați Perl (deși ce bine prinde...), mergeți pe același HotScripts sau căutați www.ace-installer.com, bignosebird.com sau www.eternalmart.com și luați de acolo pe gratis (pe bune!) unul dintre sistemele form-to-mail puse la dispoziție. Evident, se presupune că știți deja ce e un "form", cu ce se consumă și cum se setează. De asemenea, se presupune că știți (sau aveți un prieten care știe) câte ceva despre cum și unde sunt "sendmail" și interpretorul de Perl pe sisteme Unix sau Windows. Dacă nu, puteți întreba administratorul companiei de hosting. Să sperăm că va și răspunde.

Anyone know of a good translation service, or understand what this is saying?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian? In reply to
I don't know but I see the word "cum" several times, lol

I can't think why your site would be listed along side hotscripts and bignosebird though Cool

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 9, 2003, 3:24 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian? In reply to
LOL...just jealous Unsure I was suprised too.... my site seems to be quite popular at the moment too. I added a download tracker (viewable on the fronty page), and I've already had over 182 downloads Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy, don't shoot the messenger here but according to a very rough translation that I was able to perform, it mentions the word "shit" and "dispose"

This was a really bad translation, parts of it were like:

administrator the company they cough

...so who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian? In reply to
Well, from what I can tell about it, they are on about FormMail scripts, using SendMail etc ... Tongue It must have been areally crap translation ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hello Andy,

See : http://www.catalinzaharia.go.ro/ for a Demo version of a Romanian to English translator.

The demo is in romanian so you just have to feel your way around on how it works.

thanks

cornball
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian? In reply to
Dang, its 15Mb...I'm only on dial up, so it would take forever to download Frown

Anyone already downloaded it, or got another way to translate? :=)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian? In reply to
I found that earlier but it never works for me - I just get a blank textarea.

Btw, you can click "English" top left to see an english site :)
Quote Reply
Yeah use the online demo ;)

Btw I found the cause of the weird translation earlier, I'd used Norwegian instead of Romanian Wink
Quote Reply
Hello Andy!

I am romanian, actually the web editor of that website.. so here is the translation:

"raspuns1:
Dacă nu aveți (ca si mine, de altfel) timp, chef sau talent să învătati Perl (desi ce bine prinde...), mergeti pe acelasi HotScripts sau căutati www.ace-installer.com, bignosebird.com sau www.eternalmart.com si luati de acolo pe gratis (pe bune!) unul dintre sistemele form-to-mail puse la dispoziție. Evident, se presupune că stiti deja ce e un "form", cu ce se consumă si cum se setează. De asemenea, se presupune că stiti (sau aveti un prieten care stie) câte ceva despre cum si unde sunt "sendmail" si interpretorul de Perl pe sisteme Unix sau Windows. Dacă nu, puteti întreba administratorul companiei de hosting. Să sperăm că va si răspunde."

answer1:

If you do not have time (like me), or you do not feel like, or you just don't have the gift to learn Perl (but it is very usefull), you can visit
HotScripts or search www.ace-installer.com, bignosebird.com or www.eternalmart.com and you can download for free one of form-to-mail scripts (systems). Of course, it is suppose that you know what a form is and how to do the settings. Also, it is supposed that you know or you have somebody to ask (as a friend) about where are the paths for sendmail and perl on your Unix or Windows web server. If not, you can ask the administrator of your Internet Service Provider. Let's hope he'll also answer you :)

So.. this is the translation.. I think it is on www.pcmagazine.ro/ipro section, where we have questions and answers from our readers about Internet. (IPRO=Internet Professionals)

And the word "cum" in romanian means "how" not anything else :)

Next time when you need something translated from our site, just send me an e-mail.

Have a nice day! Smile
Anca Grozea
web editor
PC Magazine Romania
www.pcmagazine.ro
Quote Reply
Re: [ancag] PCMagazine.ro - Anyone translate romanian? In reply to
Thanks Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk