Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

New Ultranerds Design

Quote Reply
New Ultranerds Design
Hi,

Just wanted to post a thread, to see if people could give some feedback on the new design (mainly in case there are any bugs I've missed ;))

http://www.ultranerds.com/

I'm aware the "Members Area" is still using the old design - I'm waiting to make sure this is all working ok first, before spending time customizing GComm :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] New Ultranerds Design In reply to
Woah! you could have told me to put my shades on first. Crazy

I'll have a good look round later and check it all out properly. The only small criticism that I have (and it's not to do with the main site) is the link back to the main page on your forum isn't obvious. It took me a while to realize that I had to click the logo.
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] New Ultranerds Design In reply to
hehe - I wanted to go a bit more Web 2.0, with a bit of a retro style to it ;)

Quote:
The only small criticism that I have (and it's not to do with the main site) is the link back to the main page on your forum isn't obvious. It took me a while to realize that I had to click the logo.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the new version of GForum, so I can apply this new design wrapper around it, which will fix that. Shames its taking so long though :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
1. The symbols in the main column are not in line with the text of the products. The text should be bigger, cause that is what you have to sell on your website? Otherwise the two sidebars are more interesting for visitors.
2. When you scroll to the bottom it looks a bit strange, cause the two sidebars end and there is only white space.

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] New Ultranerds Design In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming you are talking about the blue "arrow" images that are not lined up with the text?

Quote:
2. When you scroll to the bottom it looks a bit strange, cause the two sidebars end and there is only white space.

Are you refering to the fact there is quite a lot of blank space, even after the content ends?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Are you refering to the fact there is quite a lot of blank space, even after the content ends?

Yes, and it looks strange, that below the sidebars is also a lot of white space...

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] New Ultranerds Design In reply to
Thanks, should be sorted now :) Thats the joys of using jQuery to re-define the heights of a div dynamically Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I was half asleep and it woke me up w00t

first thoughts are the text are not easy to read on the background colors.
green on pink
green on gray

As I wonder around -- I like it and yet the color scheme and fonts are not letting me concentrate on the message.

Clicking around in the site the color scheme is not working for me Crazy

I would try another template my friend.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] New Ultranerds Design In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback :)

I'll have a play around with the colors once I get a bit of free time. I personally really like it Tongue (but agree, the font colors could do with some work)

Quote:
I would try another template my friend.

haha if you had spent over 10 hours building and customizing it, you may think different <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
A website is like a house - its never done, your always trying to fix it and increase its value.. Laugh

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
haha too right - and just like a house, its trying to find the time to do it Whistle (not that I'm complaining that I'm busy mind ;))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
SandraR wrote:
Clicking around in the site the color scheme is not working for me Crazy

That was my initial thought but like anything you have to give it a little time and a fair chance. I think that it's just familiarity. Is it strange or are we were just used to the other design and it's hard to get used to the new one? But then again, first impressions is....... Unsure I dunno, I'm going to keep visiting and see if it becomes "normal" again.
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] New Ultranerds Design In reply to
haha yup - I was the same when GT brought out the "luna" template set (and when they were from WWWThreads forum to GForum for the support forum)... confused the hell out of me, but you get used to it in the endWink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy.....
Ultranerds site....
Have you jumped the fence?
Batting for the other team?
Been on the lead float in the Sydney gay and lesbian Mardi Gras?
Doing a remake of Joseph and his technicolor dreamcoat?
Making a colour chart for British paints?

An interior decorator you are not mate..

pleeeeeeeeeeeeze....

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] New Ultranerds Design In reply to
Andy is great with scripts, code and many other talents but design is his well uhm... his crazy moment in lifew00t

Sandra Roussel
Quote Reply
Yeah, think I have known him longer than you. In fact when ultranerds forum started, it was a bit barren for a while, so I set about asking all inane questions on all the plugins just to make it look used. Hope this helps.
Thanks anyway Sandra, but we are old sparring partners.

Last edited by:

Gypsypup: Mar 30, 2011, 8:46 PM