Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

My poor body!

Quote Reply
My poor body!
We have this huge fur tree in our garden that was getting really annoying so I suggested to my mum that I cut it down this week. I'm now regretting it.

My body is falling to pieces....my back hurts, my wrists ache...bah!

It has taken me two days so far and it refusing to fall down. I've been hacking at it with saws, hammers and shears and the ****** won't budge. The bark is like a block of steel.

I will not be beaten!....grrrrr!
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] My poor body! In reply to
Go borrow a chain saw or an axe from somebody?
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] My poor body! In reply to
This is a little village in England Tongue ...the chances of anyone owning an axe or a chainsaw is like slim to none.

Ever tried chopping down a tree with a hammer and a small saw?...it's not fun. I've just been hacking at it for the last hour. Its going dark so I gave up with sore hands and arms.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 11, 2003, 10:01 AM
Quote Reply
No, can't say that I have. I'm getting a kick out of imaging it though.

Are there any equipment rental shops around? Spend a little money, get the job done in 5 mins and be done with it.

If not, at least upload some pictures for us so we can sympathize more. Cool

Tell you what, I'll fedex my chainsaw to you for a reasonable fee!
Quote Reply
In middle school me & Brian Odom took turns blasting the bottom of a tree with a shotgun and then dug the pellets out to see how deformed they'd gotten. I was really neat. Needless to say the tree fell over as well and his mom got really mad. Too bad you don't have anything like that.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] My poor body! In reply to
Ha, reminds me of when a few of us redecorated the interior of a friends living room in France with shotguns, gives an original plaster effect .. Wink

Needless to say his place was in the middle of nowhere.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
This is a little village in England Tongue ...the chances of anyone owning an axe or a chainsaw is like slim to none.

Erm, I know about 7 people who own a chainsaw in my village. One of them managed to slip though, and slash his wrist with it. Luckily he was a doctor, so he knew what to do Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] My poor body! In reply to
Quote:
Erm, I know about 7 people who own a chainsaw in my village.

Good for you. I don't.
Quote Reply
I find that cutting down a tree is a life reaffirming experience for me, if not for the tree. Seems to be something men are genetically programmed for.

We live on a small patch of woods (17 acres) and after a drought 3 years ago and another last year, many large trees are dead and falling, they always it seems getting caught in the tops of other trees. These dead and leaning trees are known as snags.

I need to go out and deal with the snags ASAP. One in particular is very bad. Image if you will an oak tree, 16 inches diameter at the base, dead as a doorknob, about 75 feet high, broken but still hinged about 10 feet off the ground and leaning about 15 degrees off vertical caught in the crotch of an even bigger oak tree. Near enough to the house and garden that I can't just leave it for fear it will fall on me or my family, but at least far enough so it would not hit the house.

I think I'm going to try to get a rope on it above the break and try to pull it off the stump with a truck. EEK!
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] My poor body! In reply to
Rock on. After removing 19 bags of branches the garden is finally clear Cool