Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

I've got the bug...

(Page 4 of 4)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] I've got the bug... In reply to
Quote:
And Paul - 320 is a bit of a waste. High quality variable will give you the same quality, but will waste considerably less space.

I read an article yesterday saying that humans can hear bitrates over 192kbps but there isn't a hugely noticable difference between 256 and 320.

But hey when you have an IPod with 5GB's space and you never have more than 100 songs then you can afford the space to encode to 320 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] I've got the bug... In reply to
hehe, even though I probably couldn't tell a difference between the higher rates the idea is probably something more like videos. If you have better quality the copy is better Wink

ie, record a CD to mp3 at your friend's house. Go home and record it to CD. The higher rates would then probably come down to 192. lolo ... haha, psychologically speaking. Truth and technology is probably much different, but I remember way back that going from CD to MD you'd loose a few bits. oh well, I don't do mp3 that often besides finding songs that I had on cassette years ago. I just rent from the rental shop and copy (which is grey-line legal in Japan, they have MD/CD/cassettes at the register waiting from you when you check out Wink)

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] I've got the bug... In reply to
I think it depnds on the type of song also.

I just put an Enya track on the iuexam thingy

http://www.iuni.com/...ds/iuexamt3c-mp4.mpg

at 132 and I can't tell the diff between it and the original.

I think I can better tell the difference with strings than say voice or guitar. Must be something to do with the 2 kHz.
> >