Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Hurricane Isabel

Quote Reply
Hurricane Isabel
Anyone in this area where Isabel is expected to hit?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/...ide/html/default.stm

Scary stuff. One of my friends are in Washington at the moment Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Hurricane Isabel In reply to
I live in the south-western part of Virginia. The edge of the storm is less than 75 miles from where I'm at. We're expecting moderate rain and winds beginning in a few hours.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Hurricane Isabel In reply to
I still can't get over the photos... they are amazing... it looks huge! Crazy

>>>The edge of the storm is less than 75 miles from where I'm at. We're expecting moderate rain and winds beginning in a few hours. <<<

So you will be getting power cuts etc ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I doubt we'll have much power outages in my area. weather.com is forecasting rain for over 24 hours strait with winds topping off around 30. Cape Hatteras, NC is already without power and wind between 50 - 70 mph. I've been hearing that people from the east coast have evacuated all the way into central/mid-western Virginia, and most hotels completely booked now.

Looks like I'll have an easy day at work, but the drive home at 11 pm is going to suck. Hm... of course if the power goes out at work, that means we have to all bust out our flashlights, kick all customers out of the store, and get to play cops 'n robbers untill the power is restored.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Hurricane Isabel In reply to
Ahhh..I feel so glad I'm in spain at the moment. Its 30 degrees outside, and a nice cool 19 in the office Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Saw on Yahoo! and heard on the local news (Colorado) that Isabel has claimed three lives so far. :(
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Hurricane Isabel In reply to
Damn Frown I was watching it on TV last night... its power just looks tremendous! Scary to think that mother nature has such powerful forces at her discression :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk