Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Howz this for a question...?

Quote Reply
Howz this for a question...?
Well I have been goin through the forum and lookin at some of the posts in the perl section and there is just one question that I ask myself time and time again:

"How do these people get so $%&in' good at perl programming"

SO...Does anyone have any idea what approach I can take to become a "PERLMASTER!" But just to start small...does anyone know a good place to start learning?

Thanks alot,
Crapshoot70Cool

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate

Last edited by:

Alex: Jun 4, 2002, 12:16 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] Howz this for a question...? In reply to
Just hang that Linux model photo by your computer as a motivational aid, and remember that diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but Perls are a girl's best lover Smile The babes line up for Perl programmers Wink

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] Howz this for a question...? In reply to
I'm no expert compared to some folks here... but I've spent hundreds of hours reading TYPERL and goofing around. Then I throw a project at myself and get in over my head to force myself to learn something new.

BTW... if that image is in your sig you might want to scale it down before you get flamed.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] Howz this for a question...? In reply to
Heh, nah its not part of my sig...just there to attract attention...when you see it this is what goes through your mind: "Man I have to answer this post just so that I can stare at that picture for as long as is humanly possible" or atleast that's what went through my head =/.

Just to be a sport though I will take your advice...open up photoshop, crop out the area I want, then enlarge it, now I just have to make it nice and clear and BOOM. I enlarged the linux symbol!
Errr, I mean...I enlarged her breasts...honestly that's what I meant.

Crapshoot70

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate