Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Hot Killer Food

Quote Reply
Hot Killer Food
We have a student from Thailand staying at our house who generously sampled us an oriental dish made from Indian vegetable pakoras marinated in a Thai chilly sauce. This dish is a killer! Since eating this food, very tasty at that, I've been unable to talk properly due to it's strength.

This orange/red color sauce, according to our Thai guest, is known locally as Nam Prick (!) and is served as a general condiment very much like tomato ketchup is in the west. If you ever encounter this sauce - BEWARE! Shocked

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Hot Killer Food In reply to
Thai food is an experience! That must have been quite a shock to an Englishman, your version of spicy is usually too much salt isn't it? Tongue

We put hot sauce on our morning eggs over in this part of the world (the Texas/Mexico convergence zone).
Quote Reply
You big girls blouse...spicy food is awesome Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Hot Killer Food In reply to
Awesome indeed, but at what point does breathtaking become fire spiting Tongue

An interesting experience that Nam Prick Cool

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply

I'm just about to put my dinner in the oven....pepperoni pizza with slices of jalapeno pepper on top (seeds still in).

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 26, 2002, 12:51 PM
Quote Reply
I just had pepperoni pizza for breakfast.

Funny the world over, no matter what time of the day or night, people are enjoying PEPPERONI PIZZATongue
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Hot Killer Food In reply to
For breakfast?....ewww....

I just finished mine and my nose is running and eyes watering :(
Quote Reply
I know, but it was our montly shopping day today... no alternative. You see, the chillies keep the bugs out, so its still good the next day! Better to have watery eyes than watery stools..... sorry for being so disgusting.

Last edited by:

sooke: Apr 26, 2002, 1:14 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Hot Killer Food In reply to
Well... jalapenos will certainly keep you regular.

Making me hungry (and thirsty) for Mexican Food. I think I'll be saying "Frozen, no salt" before the afternoon is over.
Quote Reply
The hottest food I ever ate was breakfast with some local Thais in their Northern hill country, they reckoned it was mild and that supper was the real killer, felt like I had two mouths for long while after. Tongue

Strange thing is, loads of older Thais suffer from stomach problems, half the country drinks some weird milky pink shit that is supposed to help, I don`t think regular excessively hot food is at all good for you.

Just my two Bahts worth..

chmod

Top Thai Tip: don`t like flying insects around your lights at night? hang a couple of those long red chillis on the light and ur problems are over.

Last edited by:

chmod: Apr 27, 2002, 3:22 AM