Hackers

Quote Reply
Hackers
Ooops...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/..._visamastercard_dc_2
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Hackers In reply to
Quote:
Neither Visa nor MasterCard would disclose which institution were involved.

"This is not something regional, it was throughout the nation and could be any bank," Abrams said.

A little condradictory don't we think...sounds like they are covering up for not having a single clue...reassuring that your bank account was just broken into isn't it?

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] Hackers In reply to
I don't really mind that much to be honest. Anyone can steal my VISA number and go wild on the internet as VISA have a guarantee (at least here in the UK) that you are only viable to the first £50 in any online fraudulent activities, which is a lot more insurance than any offline counterpart.

- wil
Quote Reply
Quote:
reassuring that your bank account was just broken into isn't it?

As long as it is the USA and not the UK then I can rest easy Angelic

I have most of my money in a cash ISA anyway so that's hopefully a bit safer.

In the words of Homer...*Mmmm tax free savings*
Quote Reply
Personally I'd say that not disclosing the name of the institution was a wise choice. Imagine if they disclosed the name, well then all the hackers in the world know where there's a huge weakness in the credit card system. Before you know it, every hacker in the world is concentrating an attack on the affected server network, and easily has your numbers ;-) Now on the other hand since they didn't disclose the name, hackers are left to poke around hundreds of credit card processing company's networks hoping they have a match.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Hackers In reply to
Mmm I hope it ain't PayPal Wink