Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Firefox 4.0 available

Quote Reply
Firefox 4.0 available
More info: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/

It looks very similar to Google Chrome but it's much faster that 3.6.

Last edited by:

MJB: Mar 23, 2011, 1:12 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Firefox 4.0 available In reply to
Mmmm... not sure I like it! (not a fan of change Wink)

Guess at some point we won't have the option of keeping version 3... as it will auto-update us :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Firefox 4.0 available In reply to
Ok, I lie - it pretty darn cool - just installed it. Takes a little while to get used to - but its certainly faster, and quite a few new cool features Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Firefox 4.0 available In reply to
You can have it look similar to version 3 with the menu bar rather than the orange box menu - Click the orange Firefox button then hover over Options and click Menu Bar.

Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Firefox 4.0 available In reply to
hahah I actually like the "orange" menu thing ... gives me more room. Took me a few mins to work out where the "Error Console" had been moved to though,as it was normally under "Tools", which doesn't exist any more =)

I love the "pin" tabs too - very handy (I tend to have a LOT of tabs open ... so having 3 or 4 that's I *always* use as smaller tabs certainly helps to keep things a bit more in check Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk