Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Extreme sports

Quote Reply
Extreme sports
Anyone here into paragliding?

I did a few days 10 years ago and always swore I would get back into it. On Friday I`m off to Oludeniz in Turkey for two weeks and will be doing paragliding for 10 days (they hold the world championships there), anyone been there?

I`m continually finding that I think of computers unless I`m doing something dangerous , aaaarrrrggghh. what next..

dangerous suggestions welcome.

chmod
Quote Reply
Re: [chmod] Extreme sports In reply to
Yeah. I tired this when I was skiing last March. I went paragliding over the Alps. It was pure bliss. I'd love to try it again.

- wil
Quote Reply
Boxing!
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Extreme sports In reply to
I think you'd have to be a bit stupid to voluntarily get punched in the head...or maybe getting punched in the head makes you stupid...

Damn, I can't remember...been punched in the head too many times...

Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Extreme sports In reply to
LMAO

Freefall parachuting? I did it in NZ 14,000ft and Namibia 12,000ft and so far its my number one rush.

I remember talking to the instructor in Namibia and he reckoned he`d done over 3,000 jumps and he only had to leave it for a couple of weeks before he got that first time rush and "oh my god" feeling again, it never goes away, not many sports can do that.

I watched something on TV this week, these guys were base jumping into some cave in Mexico, 1,000ft straight down, yikes..

chmod
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Extreme sports In reply to
Take a look on the net at the BHPA site Will, there`s loads of companies offering paragliding holiday/courses in the alps during the summer months.

chmod
Quote Reply
>>
I watched something on TV this week, these guys were base jumping into some cave in Mexico, 1,000ft straight down, yikes..
<<

Hey I think I saw that myself. It was pretty dark on the way down.
Quote Reply
Thanks, mate! I will check that out.

- wil