Eurovision
Europe sucks Frown

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030525/80/e0rzk.html
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Eurovision In reply to
Tongue
Quote Reply
I can't believe we actually let that woman *try* to sing for us! She was aweful. I wouldn't have even voted for her if I was allowed Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Eurovision In reply to
Saying Europe sucks just because Britain didn't get any points is quite over the edge I would say.
You get zero points one time and get so fuzzed up about it.
I live in Norway and the last couple of years we have ended up with zero points. No scandals of that reason.
And this year we ended one 4th. Wink
Not bad, but the whole Eurosong is just stupid. Neighbour countries voting for each other. Like Spain and Portugal! And many others.
Really stupid. And the artists really are terrible. Long time since I heard a really good song there. Did you see that guy from Austria?

Nothing more to say bout it!
Quote Reply
Re: [perlman] Eurovision In reply to
I'm *not* saying Europe sucks; only that the UK's performance/artist was crap Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Eurovision In reply to
Was refering to Paul, but just replyed to your post!
Wink

Didn't have a thing to say about your post!

- perlman
Quote Reply
Quote:
Saying Europe sucks just because Britain didn't get any points is quite over the edge I would say.

Not really - it was clearly politically motivated - the first time in history we've had no points and you think it's a coincidence that we just led a war with the US?
Quote Reply
It didn't have anything to do with this line? "But the pair looked nervous on stage and sang poorly, sounding out of key."

Is it only a contest for young pop acts, or could England have sent somebody like Elton John, or even that crazy Robby Williams guy? (saw him on tv here just last week).
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Eurovision In reply to
A big start would never enter the competition incase they got 0 points. Imagine what that would do to their career. Or at least, that's the story behind most stars turning down the offer.

And I have to agree on this case, it was not politically motivated; it was just a shit song sang by a bunch of idiots who were not even in tune -- which they have admitted to in the papers this morning blaming "the monitors for being too distant".

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Eurovision In reply to
Right you are Will.

Just admit Paul that it had nothing to do with the Iraq war. I don't think people are demonstrating by not voting on UK of that reason.
It's the music. Or as I would like to call it: Crap music.
And the fact that you got a good relationship with other countries! Wink
Quote Reply
Quote:
Just admit Paul that it had nothing to do with the Iraq war

Can you prove it had nothing to do with it?...if so, then I'll "admit" Tongue
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Can you prove it had nothing to do with it?...if so, then I'll "admit" Tongue

"Xyz is a bad guy. Can you prove that he _isn't_ a bad guy? Didn't think so." <-- Sounds like American gov't logic to me Laugh

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Eurovision In reply to
No, my logic would be the other way around...

"You say Xyz is a bad guy, so prove it"

"Votes weren't political, so you say, so prove it"
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
"Votes weren't political, so you say, so prove it"

There's a negation in the sentence - the burden of proof thus lies upon you to first prove that your allegation that "votes were political" is in fact true.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
I just watched last nights top gear Smile... they put £500,000 worth of europe's top sports cars against each other on a standing 1/4 mile.... the 10 year old jag (with nitrous oxide) pi**ed all over everyone... including the £55,000 porsche turbo!...

okay... we can't sing but we can spice up solid logic....

moog
-- I've spent most of my money on beer and women... the rest I just wasted.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Eurovision In reply to
Jurers is a court don't prove anything beyond doubt, they just make an educated guess based on the evidence.
Quote Reply
Fact: the song equipment didn’t work but only when it’s the UK's turn
Fact: someone trashed the UK dressing room - left all the others
Fact: the UK enraged many of these European countries because of the war

Fact first time in history the UK gets 0 points
Fact: the UK is a major sponsor of the competition

Speculation: we had 0 points because of our war stance with the US.

Yep, many believe so.

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Guess they're more upset than the UK.

----

Russian TV Protests Eurovision Contest

MOSCOW - Russia's state-controlled Channel One television has launched an official protest against the results of this year's Eurovision Song Contest, claiming that the Russian entry, saucy teenage pop duo Tatu, may have been robbed of victory, the TV channel said Thursday.

Channel One, a member of the European Broadcasting Union which runs the contest, and broadcaster of the competition in Russia, said in a statement that it "officially declares that it discredits the voting results of the Eurovision song contest 2003" and that it would send a formal declaration to the EBU.
...[full story]
Quote Reply
just read the reviews at:
http://agrino.org/esc/

They give 5 stars at Bosnia!!!!
3 stars at Switzerland
and 3 stars at Austria