Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Enterprise ECommerce Software - Suggestions??

Quote Reply
Enterprise ECommerce Software - Suggestions??
Hi All

My main site, ArmyNavy.com, looks like it will be going to the next level toward becoming a global enterprise.

I am partnering with a big supplier, and we are planning to develop a giant distribution network that will ultimately handle retail, wholesale, government, and military sales worldwide. This will also include our own manufacturing and bricks-and-mortar stores.

What I need to get is programming, especially a shopping system and a customer support system, that can handle literally tons of activity and that is not a nightmare to install or maintain and that can run on Linux. It must also be able to handle multiple languages and currencies, shipping from multiple distribution points globally, and other complex issues such as multiple stores (both virtual and bricks-and-mortar).

I'll be moving the site to a quasi-dedicated server very soon to get things installed and configured.

What I was hoping is that you might be able to tell me what shopping and customer support systems would work well in our case?

I am thinking of using Interchange 4.8.3 as the shopping system, with a postgresql db - both of which I may need some help with. Both have to be installed and configured on the host that I have in mind.

For the customer support system, I might start with PerlDesk - http://www.PerlDesk.com - because it is sensibly set up and uses mysql, but I'm not sure if this can take the kind of traffic that we might very well get.

Ultimately, it would be nice to have a fully integrated system that can handle all of the sales and customer issues, and a bunch more stuff.

If anyone has any suggestions about what might be best, I would be most grateful for your help.

Many thanks!

------------------------------------------