Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Does anyone use 800x600 resolutions any more?

Quote Reply
Does anyone use 800x600 resolutions any more?
Man ... for the first time in a LONG time, I set my computer resolution to 800x600 @ 32bit ... and it looked HORRIBLE!

Do people still use this kind of resolution? Its all so small, with no room what-so-ever. I can't believe that only a few years ago, people used to always use 468x600 (my new computer only goes to 1024x768 as the MIN!).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Does anyone use 800x600 resolutions any more? In reply to
Yep. That's my preferred. Can't stand that tiny stuff

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Does anyone use 800x600 resolutions any more? In reply to
Yeah. I mean even stupid things, like MS Frontpage XP. When you try to create a new table, you have do all kinds of things to get it to let you press the "Ok" button, as that appears below the start menu on 800x600! I can't believe that back in the start of my Internet days, I used to work on 468xsomething ... Nowdays, my monitor doesn't even support those kind of sizes, as its classed as "obsolite" Crazy

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I was asked to install a new version of an encyclopedia (Universalis) for a friend's dad over here in France and the menu bar (File Edit...) doesn't actually appear if you have anything below 1024x768 !
This doesn't mean you can't use it but you can't close the window for example without using ESC then right click close (or Alt F4).

But this is like the common issue of new functions... versus general compatibility that includes old computers/browsers etc.

Should I just stick to the old speed stuff or set-up a hand-shaking system like modems (the old ones not the DSL ones) use to define which is the highest common speed between two modems. I use CSS to figure out how to display stuff based on the browser for example on the same type of principal.

But I'm glad to see that all the money I'm investing in you Andy is going towards the computer industry among other things LOL Wink

BTW my highest resolution on this Samsung monitor is 1024x768 Smile

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Does anyone use 800x600 resolutions any more? In reply to
Quote:
I was asked to install a new version of an encyclopedia (Universalis) for a friend's dad over here in France and the menu bar (File Edit...) doesn't actually appear if you have anything below 1024x768 !
This doesn't mean you can't use it but you can't close the window for example without using ESC then right click close (or Alt F4).

Yeah. The most annoying part, is that you don't know what dimensions your visitors are going to be using. Local programs, I can just about cope with (on small resolutions). ... but a webpage, where you have to scroll back-and-forth, really annoys me (yet, its not that easy to get perfectly).

Quote:
But I'm glad to see that all the money I'm investing in you Andy is going towards the computer industry among other things LOL

Angelic

Quote:
BTW my highest resolution on this Samsung monitor is 1024x768

Yeah ... I'm gonn stick with that dimension. Perfect working size... and still easy to read. Much nicer <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I use 1280 x 1024

It's cool, I can see the entire Internet on my monitor =)
Quote Reply
Re: [PimpMyRide] Does anyone use 800x600 resolutions any more? In reply to
Quote:
It's cool, I can see the entire Internet on my monitor =)
Wow the entire internet. Your monitor must be huge.
Sorry couldn't resistLaughSmile