Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Do you know?

Quote Reply
Do you know?
Hi guys,
I came across following interesting facts and thought of sharing it with you all . If you know any just feel free to add it here:

Broccoli was first introduced into France during the royal marriage of Catherine de Medici to Henry II of France.

Tomatoes were once referred to as "love apples." This is because their was a superstition that people would fall in love by eating them.

According to legend, tea originated in China when tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water.

A common custom in Spain is to eat one grape for each of the last 12 seconds of every year for good luck.

By federal law, for a noodle to actually be a noodle it must have 5.5 percent egg solids in it, otherwise it cannot be called a noodle.
cheers,
Priyanka
http://www.m6.net
M6.Net - Multi-sites hosting account on Windows 2003
Quote Reply
Re: [priyanka-m6.net] Do you know? In reply to
In Reply To:
By federal law, for a noodle to actually be a noodle it must have 5.5 percent egg solids in it, otherwise it cannot be called a noodle.
Gee - the Americans are now telling the world what a noodle is. I suggest they go peddle their nonsense to Mainland China where it all started - as a completely wheat based product away from the rice growing areas.

I guess the rest of the world better behave and follow suit else Dudya gets offended and nukes Mainland China.
Quote Reply
Re: [priyanka-m6.net] Do you know? In reply to
I was watching a gadget show the other day on tv and they were reviewing a watch. It's face was so big that in Sweden it is classified as a clock - lol.