Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Disappearing Emails

Quote Reply
Disappearing Emails
Until late December I was using Outlook Express for my email and seldom had a problem. Then I got a new pda which required installing full-blown Outlook to be able to synchonize. There have been several little glitches which I have resolved (with help) but now I have a problem no one seems to know anything about. When I used Express, my emails would dump into my inbox whenever I signed on. Now with Outlook (2002) I have to click on the Send/Receive button to download them. For several weeks now when I click on the S/R button I see emails begin to download but sometimes the last message coming in will just disappear after appearing on the screen for a split second - just long enough to see who it is from and what the subject is. The message is gone forever, it doesn't show up on the next download.

I have checked with my ISP but they (Road Runner - Time Warner) tell me they don't support Outlook, only Express. I checked with Microsoft and they told me that because I got Outlook as part of the installation of my PDA that HP is now responsible for the product. I checked with HP and the help tech guy was baffled, he'd never heard of such a thing and couldn't even guess what to do.

I am out of options and the problem persists. It is so frustrating to see a message come in that I have been waiting for only to see it disappear forever. My Yahoo mail account has no such problems. Can ANYBODY help?

Thanks,
Red
Quote Reply
Re: [redrover] Disappearing Emails In reply to
Disable your filters (rules) and see if that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: [redrover] Disappearing Emails In reply to
Hello redrover, Do you have Outlook express to "show all messages" ?

See Image at : http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ment;postatt_id=1650;

Outlook Express can hide messages from your view.

Thanks cornball