Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Different sigs for different accounts? (outlook XP)

Quote Reply
Different sigs for different accounts? (outlook XP)
Hi. I've finally decided it time I try to do something about the signatures going out in my emails. Currently, it just puts my ace-installer.com signature on all emails, but I just can't seem to work out how I would distinguish the signatures for each email account (i.e one for linkssql.net, and another for ace-installer.com).

Has anyone had any experience with this?

I've been using;

Tools > Options > Mail Format > Signatures

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Different sigs for different accounts? (outlook XP) In reply to
Good question, Andy.

I don't think it's possible to do what you want in Outlook...found the following thread:

http://www.dslreports.com/...root=winme~mode=flat

You may be able to fnd an Outlook "add-on" on the Net, might try searching WebAttack.com (http://webattack.com/) first.

Try looking through:

http://www.webattack.com/.../comm/swoutlook.html

The not so friendly work around is to create different Outlook "Identities", which you can attach different signatures to, but cumbersome to say the least, since you'd have to login separately to access these accounts.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Different sigs for different accounts? (outlook XP) In reply to
Wow... that sucks. You would have thought that such a sought after feature would exist Frown

Thanks for the links though, I'll have a look at them :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Different sigs for different accounts? (outlook XP) In reply to
hm... my version of Outlook Express lets me assign a different signature to each of my addresses, or assign a signature as default when a signature isn't defined for the address. I don't see why this wouldn't be in Outlook XP. I'm not at my PC, but I think it's at: tools->options->signatures (in the main window, not the create message window). use "advanced" to assign the different signatures to different addresses.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Different sigs for different accounts? (outlook XP) In reply to
Thats why I'm so confused. I used to be a Outlook Express 5 user, snd it let me do this. Now that I have gone to Outlook XP (2002), it won't let me :(

The only reason I am keeping to Outlook XP, is cos it has the rules checking, which is great for my email accounts where they don't have spam filters.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk