Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Dead or Alive?

Quote Reply
Dead or Alive?
Ok so two weeks ago the US Gov't said they had excellent intelligence on Saddam's whereabouts leading to those missile strikes. Then there was a lot of discussion about whether he was dead or alive and the gov't stood firm about the credibility of their intelligence.

So errrr yesterday they bombed a restaurant in Mosul where "credible intelligence sources" had said Saddam was dining.

Hmm seems a bit silly to me. I guess as they didn't know if he was dead or not then they had to go ahead with the second attempt just to make sure but mm...
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Dead or Alive? In reply to
I think the truth of the matter is that no one really knows where he is, or whether he's dead or alive. Like most dictators, he has a number of doubles that are surgically altered to look almost exactly like him. I think I saw a report that a german analysis group determined that Saddam himself hasn't been seen even on television in 3-4 years.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Dead or Alive? In reply to
Interesting. I thought I knew what he looked like. I saw one tape I thought was definitely him and the rest I thought were not, but now you've said that, I don't know.

The fact he's not been visible makes me think he's dead.
Quote Reply
Maybe he's been dead for years, and his sons are really running things, but keeping the puppets around for show Sly

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I really really doubt Saddam has been seen for years. I doubt anyone has seen him for four or even five years. It would be a total shock to me if he was in Iraq, that would be a complete suprise. I am certain he is another country; maybe Syria, where he has been hiding for some time.

He's too clever to be in Baghdaad. Wherever he is, I don't think "us" will ever ever "catch" him.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Dead or Alive? In reply to
In Reply To:
... I don't think "us" will ever ever "catch" him.

Us against them.

... and America is commonly referred to as "the US". Coincidence? Wink

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads