Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Cheeky begger!

Quote Reply
Cheeky begger!
Can you believe it....some person just tried to sell me a position on DMOZ.org for $120 (priority listing)...

This is completly illegal, and part of the editor TOS dis-allows this. I have reported him to the appropriate people at DMOZ, but I stil couldn't believe he tried it on!

Quote:
Andy,

I can place your site in Dmoz permanately in the hosting section with a excellent description, but for a fee. This category is getting crowded and I was told not to add additional sites. I am making exceptions but for people who will pay. If you are willing it will be $120. You can do it through paypal. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dmoz Editor

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Cheeky begger! In reply to
Quote:
This is completly illegal

I don't thnk it is illegal Laugh
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Cheeky begger! In reply to
Ok, so maybe not Illegal, but definatly against their TOS. It goes completly against their idea of an 'open' directory Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Cheeky begger! In reply to
Just a question, but are you sure he was a dmoz editor? Could just be a simple scam.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [BeaverheadRiver] Cheeky begger! In reply to
I'm not sure, but I got a reply from DMOZ, and they said they would look into it, as it was completly inappropriate.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk