Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Canada Wins! Canada Wins! Canada Wins!

Quote Reply
Canada Wins! Canada Wins! Canada Wins!
Canada blows away the US in Olympic Mens Hockey and takes the gold! 2 Gold medals in hockey (men and women)! We now once again dominate hockey, and are the World champions - as it was meant to be Smile Way to go US, that was one hell of a game (and pretty evenly matched for the large part) - especially in the third period when the US ignited their after burners! And cudos to two local players - Sakic from Burnaby (bordering Vancouver) and Kariya from North Vancouver!

Olympic cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Canada Wins! Canada Wins! Canada Wins! In reply to
I know GT are Canadians too, but I'd watch your step Wink You'll find yourself out numbered...lol
Quote Reply
Well who really cares when we won the curling gold. Angelic

I have to admit, I watched it though (hockey).

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 25, 2002, 8:18 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Canada Wins! Canada Wins! Canada Wins! In reply to
The risk is well worth it, considering it was 50 years to the day since we last won Olympic gold in hockey Smile

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Canada Wins! Canada Wins! Canada Wins! In reply to
The double loss of Gold in curling hurt big time (still hurts but I'm glad it was the UK that did us in) - at least we nudged out the Yanks for the bronze in the Womens. But upsets happen Wink. However, hockey was the big event (in Canada and more worldwide). I also should have mentioned the other BCers playing on Team Canada - Yzerman and Niedermayer (not to mention the BC-born, turncoat Deadmarsh on Team USA who born in Canada, switched to US when he was 18 apparently to improve his chances in the NHL draft 8 years ago).

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
ok ... gotta admit that the Canucks winning the gold isn't that bad!

LOL ... has it been 50 years ?!?! Gee I thought Ice Hockey, curling and moose watching were the National sports!

Wasn't Hull also a Canadian? ... ahhhh I've lived in Japan too long.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile