Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

BoxedArt.com - beware

Quote Reply
BoxedArt.com - beware
Hi,

I'm not normally the kinda person for this kinda post - but I'm really fuming from the way these guys treated me. Basically, several months ago - I signed up for a 3 months subscription to boxedart.com. I only did this to get some logos for a job I was doing, and had no intention of keeping the membership. I then thought I cancelled it at PayPal's end - but that wasn't the case, and about 2 weeks ago it went through again for $49.99 (£32 at the moment with the current exchange rate to the $). I complained to them, and explained the situation - but that basically didn't give a cr*p about it. I then esculated my complaint to paypal - and because it wasn't a physical good, they said they couldn't refund me.

Anyway, just so other are aware of this - cos I'm still fuming about it (its not so much about the $$$. but more their service and whole attidue to the people who give them their bread and butter!)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] BoxedArt.com - beware In reply to
Cancelling at Paypal's end isn't cancelling with the retailer. That's like cancelling a direct debit with your bank.
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] BoxedArt.com - beware In reply to
Hi,

Yup, I'm aware of that =) The problem wasn't that - it was the fact I didn't actually fully cancel the subscription (by confirming it) at PayPal's end. Thats not their problem, but as a company who relies on people subscribing and recommending their services, you would expect them to have given a bit more lenience in simple mistakes like that.

It actually came out as an eCheque, so I was gonna just transfer all my money from one account to another one, so the eCheque would fail - but then realised I was gonna get charged £30 for the failed transaction :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] BoxedArt.com - beware In reply to
Quote:
The problem wasn't that - it was the fact I didn't actually fully cancel the subscription (by confirming it) at PayPal's end

So I don't get why you are telling people to be wary of boxedart?
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] BoxedArt.com - beware In reply to
The point is - they should have refunded me, as they could easily proove I wasn't accessing their services at all (for the last 2 months, and the time the renewal went through).

Anyway, just wanted to fume about it, as I thought their customer service was pretty much non-existant (and when they did reply, they were VERY rude).

Its all done now - but just wanted to share my bad experience with them, to hopefully stop others from suffering the same problems.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk