Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Best Certifications

Quote Reply
Best Certifications
Am about to retire out of the military and will be looking for employment in the IT field, and was wondering what are the best IT certifications to have... currently only have A+ and am studying for the CISSP...
Any thoughts???

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Best Certifications In reply to
Hi,

MCSE is always a good one to have (not sure how cheap they are to do though, as my brother was looking into it a while back) - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.mspx

Also, Cisco' are a good one to get under your belt (mainly for networking).

Not sure how much help that was :(

BTW - good luck in your job search Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Best Certifications In reply to
Shop around locally also (or at least where ever you're going to be). In Austin (TX) there was (still is??) a group called Central Texas Lan Association (CTLA) that often ran study groups for various certifications. It is a great way to learn, get support, and make connections. Maybe there will be such a group or network in your area. See if a local community college or university has any kind of groups as well.

<edit>Meaning, that the above group members can also "advise" you on industry trends and what is desireable/marketable in the way of certifications.</edit>

Last edited by:

Watts: Apr 17, 2007, 7:11 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Best Certifications In reply to
All,
Thanks for the advice... just took the CISSP day before yesterday, still awaiting results... want to take as many as I can before I retire from the military... as they will pay for my certifications while I'm still in... will start on MCSE study next...

</not a clue>