Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Bare Naked Ladies

Bare Naked Ladies
Sorry to all the men that enjoyed glancing at my avatar as they browsed the forum, but the "powers" that be have censored me, hence my new avatar.

Apparently a female rear-end is deemed unacceptable by Canadians. Bummer, pardon the pun.

Re: [Paul] Bare Naked Ladies In reply to
Laugh

Its not very business like ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Re: [Andy] Bare Naked Ladies In reply to
I'm not offering business.

No, but GT are a business...and this is their site Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

I think people are aware it is a public forum. I've seen worse avatars on the forum that haven't been censored.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 15, 2003, 5:04 AM

Paul,

I think technically, censorship is something governments do. It sounds like GT affected change (compliance) through their terms of use and other legal obligations you accepted by using the GT website.

You have raised a separate question about whether or not the rule is being applied fairly and consistently, but have failed to affirmatively demonstrate this was/is happening.

If there is an avatar on the GT forums which you find offensive, your responsibility is to notify GT of the potential infraction and include reasons why it is offensive. Once you have done this, you would have some basis by which to determine if the "standards" are being applied fairly and impartially, or if some bias exists.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading

Last edited by:

BeaverheadRiver: Aug 15, 2003, 7:19 AM

Re: [BeaverheadRiver] Bare Naked Ladies In reply to
The forum guidelines:

Quote:
Offensive, obscene or illegal posts or links is also not allowed.

Is a naked ass obscene or offensive? (it's not illegal certainly).

If you say it's offensive then I could argue that most of anup's posts about the west are offensive...does that mean he should get banned or his posts deleted?

Alex himself pointed out that the word "paki" has landed someone in jail and yet he let's anup use the word paki in his posts.

Quote:
If there is an avatar on the GT forums which you find offensive

I don't find it offensive, I'm just pointing out that there are worse ones than mine...luckily I have an open mind.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 15, 2003, 7:23 AM

>>>(it's not illegal certainly). <<<

It is in some countries Tongue

What is?

Quote:
If you say it's offensive then I could argue that most of anup's posts about the west are offensive...does that mean he should get banned or his posts deleted?

I object.

Smile
Anup

In Reply To:
What is?

Bottoms, breasts etc. Thats why these softcore adult sites have to have a disclaimer.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Re: [anup123] Bare Naked Ladies In reply to
In Reply To:
I object.

You would Wink heheh

The interpretation is objected. Look at how many sites of Pakistan use that word

http://www.google.co.in/...tan+site%22&meta=

Smile

Anup

Re: [anup123] Bare Naked Ladies In reply to
I'm not refering to what Paul said, but more the fact that you seem happy to object to anything :) (I'm the same...especially with Paul....lol)

Cheers

Andy

Paul,

As Jack told you, we received more then one complaint about it and asked you to change it to something else. Changing it to a giant FCUK is no better (and no I don't care that it's a company logo -- the intent is clear). I've turned off your icons and am locking this thread. If you wish to discuss this, move it to email.

Alex.
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.