Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Anyone use DemoLinux?

Quote Reply
Anyone use DemoLinux?
I've recently found DemoLinux and it looks pretty good so far. The PC has over a gig of memory so I haven't noticed any slowdown in the CD based system in comparison to a normal installed setup. What I want to do is actually run a PC in my livingroom to send a video feed to my TV. The video's are being stored on my HP running XP Pro, hard drive is formatted in NTFS. What I'm wondering is if DemoLinux has any software that will read from my XP network share. I don't want to invest in a hard drive and install anything for this PC considering it will not be used for anything other than reading video files from my main PC and sending them to my TV.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Anyone use DemoLinux? In reply to
sweet. got it figured out. I had to set up a user account on my pc to correspond with the DemoLinux (knoppix) user. Found Samba and started that, then used a program called LinNeighborhood to set up mountpoints. now the only thing I need to do is see if my other video card with the s-video output is supported. I had problems getting it to work with Mandrake a few years back.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.