Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Anyone support ManUTD? In reply to
10 mins to go and it's 3-2 ManU. Another stunning recovery TongueTongue

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Anyone support ManUTD? In reply to
THAT SUCKS.

I was hoping no-one was watching the tv so this thread could slip away quietly.

They are SO lucky. Ugh.

.....another UTD fan that doesn't live anywhere near Mcr!!

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 6, 2002, 1:02 PM
Quote Reply
Actually I hate football!

It's my brother who's the big fan of MU and is tearing about the house like a nut since the win. Oh, and for your information I'm not too far from Manchester (couldn't walk it though). Laugh

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Hmm whereabouts are you?
Quote Reply
3 hours drive from Manchester Wink

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Oh I see....don't want to tell me hey...think Im gonna drive down there and find ya lol?

Near Manchester my rear-end....3 hours is like the other end of England.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Oh I see....don't want to tell me
Sure.. I'll post my f**** house number for the world to see. hehe Laugh

Best.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
How about the city/town?

Don't need/want your house number :)
Quote Reply
You are welcome to see my website for details.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Ahh I see.

Quote Reply
Well I'm from Australia - so I'm a Leeds fan cause Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka that play for them are both Aussies. I don't really like Manchester United. Down here in oz people that don't watch any soccer tend to be "fans" of them cause they are the only team they know about...
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Anyone support ManUTD? In reply to
Laugh I'm a Bayer Leverkusen fan Laugh

Buffalo Bills and Toronto Maple Leafs and why not the BlueJays too!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Anyone support ManUTD? In reply to
I prefer to just stay neutral Wink (unless it is England verses another country, cos then its a different matter Tongue)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Anyone support ManUTD? In reply to
American soccer (football) since needs maturing ... so I have to find other teams to cheer for Frown

I couldn't get tickets to the world cup next year Mad besides the stadium where they're gonna play in town is a death trap !!! The main reason I didn't call friends to get me seats ... figured let fate decide ... hooligans in Japan will send the local authorities into such a whirlwind that they won't know heads from tails -- I didn't want to be any where near that kind of situation. So I'm sad but feel lucky too!

Last edited by:

QooQ: Jan 7, 2002, 2:27 AM
Quote Reply
Don't you think that this whole hooligan thing is exaggerated? Japanese media started to report on that topic very early, probably causing a bit of hysteria. Let's wait and see.

Even if the world cup took place next to my house, I'd prefer to spend it in front of TV. Wink
Quote Reply
Don't Japaneses hooligans carry axe's and stuff? Cool

....I just remember the film "Big Trouble in Little China"

(yes I know it's China)
Quote Reply
But did you see Cardiff City whoop Leed's ass ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho:mas] Anyone support ManUTD? In reply to
hehe I was out on the town when the independance and kitty hawk came.

the pilots found lots of free and ready girls ... it was sick really ... they drove down to the docks ... and ... Shocked happy US boys Wink

the bars made out no with few problems ... the boys paid for it though ... foreign stripers swiping caps and uniforms and what not ... they were fun to watch dancing in the bar though Smile although I did warn a few that they were with 15 year olds (no problems there ... they booted the girls real quick ... I was more surprised how fast they dropped them than they were that they were 15).

media hype is true ...
I live near the Sapporo dome ... can see it from my balcony.

I really don't know about the hooligans and how far they'll go! Don't know any personally that is.

I'm really worried about is the drinking districts. hehe, I'm sure the authorities haven't thought about that yet. Just imagine literally thousands of bars in 1 square mile ... folks drinking all over the streets since beer is cheaper at 7/11 than in the bars and what not. I'm definitely staying away from Susukino (largest drinking area north of Tokyo) Also, the hostess are dam nice looking, not homely girls, but one's with nice figures and short short skirts even in winter Angelic ... wife won't let me downtown on my own Shocked Hmmm ... how many places have buildings just full of bars other than Japan.

The Sapporo Dome is like I said a death trap. The first 3-4 stories require walking up very steep steps, entrances along the main road are barricaded due to folks wondering directly into the street -- Japanese don't really understand what a crosswalk is yet. The main overpass to the nearest station is being rebuild since it didn't have the width to support large numbers. And the complex -- since the pitch can be moved outside -- has some dangerous areas that I wouldn't like to be pushed into or even fall into by accident.

Last summer during a fireworks display some kiddies and grannies died on an pedistrian overpass.

Police force .... hmmm they did a great job during the Hanshin (Osaka) earthquake. Most likely they've thought of a few contingenceies but won't be able to cope with the un-expected. If they were smart they'd bring in authorities with experience from other countries ... but most like they won't do this. Mr. Tanaka thinks like Mr. Sato ... so Mr. Kato should understand Mr. Smith. .... hmmm .... the unexpected is what I'm afraid of and the drinking area is one that probably I'm the first to think about.

I don't know if the whole hooligan thing is exaggerted or not, but the Japanese ability to deal with the unexpected is going to be key I think.

hehe ... use me at your site if you want!

cheers

Quote Reply
My dad lives is Osaka, Japan. I wanna go visit him during the World Cup and see a game or two Smile
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Anyone support ManUTD? In reply to
have him take you drinking while you're there lot's of great bars in Osaka ! Laugh