Home : General : Chit Chat :

Amazon

Quote Reply
Amazon
http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/960.jpg

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Amazon In reply to
Oh my God! I hope that was a glitch in their software.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Amazon In reply to
Mmm maybe it's just me but I don't see the big deal?
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Amazon In reply to
Mmmm... if it isn't a bug...then someone has some weird spiritual ideas, and the s*! life Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Amazon In reply to
Well it was a hard cover Wink

Hmmm, why would it be a glitch? Maybe, a few folks were looking for the "ultimate guide to revivals" and saw the link which of course somebody is going to click on it, out of curiosity, which then associated that book with the one people were looking for.... OR Tongue that book happened to come up because gay men interested in the ultimate experience also got interested in their spirituality Wink

it's relative you know Crazy

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Amazon In reply to
The gay sex book is being sold by Amazon and so it is obviously in demand and it is common that people buy more than one book at a time and so it will have an associated book link.

I don't see the big deal. Maybe it would be different if the associated purchase for the gay sex book was something like "The art of unprotected sex"

It seems prejudiced to make an issue out of the fact that a gay person buys a book on spirituality....did you think all gay people bought were dirty sex books or what?

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 9, 2002, 9:51 AM
Quote Reply
What's funny is that on that page is a book by Pat Robertson (famous televangelist). In the section that shows other books people bought, there's a title on anal sex. That doesn't quite fit into Christianity very well.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what part of the Bible condones gay relationships? Bearing that fact in mind, a book about Christian spirituality wouldn't be of much use unless the person "got saved" and changed their sexual preference.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Correct, Andrew. It's no glitch in the software. Sales of the book are or were low, therefore a few pranksters decided to buy the book or put them on their wish list and recommend 'the guide to anal sex' to show how you can easily "corrupt" the software.

If you check the page now, Amazon has removed the link.

- wil
Quote Reply
Quote:
What's funny is that on that page is a book by Pat Robertson (famous televangelist).

televangelists suck so much.
Quote Reply
I can't stand them either.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.