Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

AdCycle plugin Kicks me out after login

Quote Reply
AdCycle plugin Kicks me out after login
Hi Guys.
I am having a bit of a problem here.
Have been using GLinks for ever with AdCycle for those who know the plugin.
It has been working great until a couple of days ago when it started kicking me out after I log into AdCenter.
Basically this is what happens:
I key in my AdCycle UN & PW & the system accepts it & I am in.
From there onwards, any link I click on (Advertisers, Campaigns, setup, add campaign etc) I am kicked out & the plugin requests me to login again.
However, the GLinks team & the Mel the author of the script have it working at their end. I begin to think it is my PC that has an issue. I tried another PC at the office but we had the same problem.
I changed browsers (from FF to IE to Safari) same problem. I have cleared my cache, cookies is activated & I have spyware/malware & anti virus running right now.
My Pc is running on Vista & I am using Firefox/3.5.3 & IE 8.

Is there anyone there who can identify what the problem is?

Cheers
Manny
Quote Reply
Re: [Manny] AdCycle plugin Kicks me out after login In reply to
My links with adcycle is doing the exact same thing.. i can't figure it out. I'm running adcycle v1.26 and glinks 3.2.0. Did you figure out what was causing it to keep bouncing you out of the adcenter and back to the login page? Frown
Quote Reply
Re: [yo Huge] AdCycle plugin Kicks me out after login In reply to
You should try my new Adverts plugin Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] AdCycle plugin Kicks me out after login In reply to
Hi Andy .. you mean Catagory_Adverts? i have Version : 3.2 installed from way back when u did some work on my other server. it transfered to my new server when i did the links backup and transfer but i haven't configured it yet. i'm still using adcycle but i just need to get into adcycle again to modify existing campaigns etc and then gradually migrate them all to your plugin. adcycle is too old now (2003) and no more updates being done. i tried clearing cache, cookies, different browers, different computers, still bouncing me outta adcenter.cgi and back to the login screen ( the adcenter login screen, not glinks). i bet it has something to do with being to old a set of scripts and not working on this new server running the latest apache, php, mysql, etc, i'm going through each .cgi and .pm in the adcycle folder to see it i can spot the bug.

Quote Reply
Nope, my new one (not actually officially released yet, but I'm happy that its finished - just waiting on my beta testers to give a final review of it)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Afraid I don't know what the issue with AdCycle is (Manny didn't make any changes, it just suddenly decided to stop working)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
so weird! ok so i got into adcycle and can edit the campains ok now using the OPERA browser, but not firefox or IE. so the question is, what 'cache or cookie' setting or configuration do both those browsers share, and where in windows xp is it stored, that are causing them not to let adcycle stay logged in?
Quote Reply
Hi,

It would only be a cookie thats stored - nothing else. So, if you've cleared your cookies - then that should be all thats nereded.

However, I'm still not sure that will sort your issue out.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
yeah, clearing the cookies using the browsers isn't fixing it on either pc, so i prob have to go into where they cookie files are stored on each pc and delete them that way.. firefox and ie store them differently so it's weird. well at least i can get into adcycle with opera.. they must store cookies differently again. well i think i might be interested in your new ad program.. if its similiar to features in adcycle that i'm used to and easy to use. did you model it after adcycle or advertpro or another ad program out there to get the best features??
Quote Reply
Hi,

Re my advert plugin - its written from scratch. Its really nothing like Adcycle or AdvertPro (I never liked either of them). It has advanced targetting (per categories), as well as allowing clicks, impressions or "by date" adverts to be setup. It also has a "default" banner option, just in case adverts expire.

There is also a place for advertiser to login and view their stats (as well as an admin area to view stats).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Yo,
I did not figure out what was going on. All I knew was that it was a browser issue for sure. Not cookies because I tried using an,other PC it was still having the same issues. I used my neighbors laptop running IE and I still had the same issues.
I tried using IE, Safari, AOL, Netscape (All te mozilla family of browsers) to no avail. I used opera. It did not kick me out but the AdCycle inks (top navigation) were not visible. I could only update existing campaigns but could nt create any new ones.
My saviour was a browser called Flock. AdCycle works perfectly well with this browser. It is some kind of a social networking browser. Almost the same UI like FF. Check it out here www.flock.com/.
However, I asked Jack & Mel to look into the issue. They were great as usual but could no find anything wrog aprt from the fact that I used the wrong license number which wasn't the issue at the end of the day.
I should look into Andy's new plugin because AdCycle is old & currently there is no support for the plugin.

Cheers,
Manny