Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

A learning experience

Quote Reply
A learning experience
Discovery has some really great programs. Clearly I spend too much time infront of the tv, but I don't care :)

As well as Norm I now have found another great program - "The Operation". It's on discovery health and shows almost complete coverage of varied operations. It is so fascinating.

The other day an operation was being performed on someones brain to remove three anurisms. The surgeon was describing that with one wrong movement he could kill the patient due to the sensitivity of the brain region he was working in. On another patient, also having brain surgery (when the patient was conscious..omg) the surgeon was able to have a conversation with the patient but then by pressing a nerve in her brain he could completely alter her behaviour and cause her to have a mini fit where she loses her memory.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] A learning experience In reply to
I don't normally have time for TV...too busy Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] A learning experience In reply to
Even too busy to make 27 posts in the last 24hrs? Wink
Quote Reply
They are educated posts....and they don't take long to type (not at the speed i do it...lol). Watching a TV program, and wasting 30mins or more at a time, which won't help you earn any money, seems a bit of a waste of time IMO. Obviously its nice to do it now and again, just to relax....but now I gotta find the money to buy a new car...I can't afford to relax Unimpressed (thus being up wil 11:30pm last night working).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Oh, and your post count beats me anyway...you made 34 in the last 24 hours Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I watched another brain surgery episode last night. A lady had been having severe headaches all her life and had 2 strokes by the age of 35. They had to chop up a nerve and attach it to another which increased blood pressure from 35 to 99 and apparently made a major change on her life.

It was incredible. He managed to join two nerves less than 1mm in size and when the blood flow was reactivated you'd expect some leakage when all he used was tiny stiches, but there was nothing!
Quote Reply
When they stitch up something that small and that complex they reinforce it Laugh

My uncle is one of the top plastic surgeons in Canada and if you make a mistake...it's gonna cost you a lot so I guess they take all the precautions they can.

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] A learning experience In reply to
Quote:
My uncle is one of the top plastic surgeons in Canada

I see you are promoting his work in your avatar Tongue ..but which is the before and which is after Wink

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 19, 2003, 3:18 AM
Quote Reply
Well I am not stupid...the before picture is always on top Tongue

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate