Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

...cow?

Quote Reply
...cow?
Argh..I can't make ouyt my teachers writing! I'm trying to find some stuff on the net. I've found stuff on 'gamma cameras', and now I need to find some stuf fon something called a 'molyod... cow'. Does anyone know the rest of the molyod.. part? Its a really weird name, refering to some kind of radiation treatment/therapy. Otherwise I'll have to wait until tomorrow :(

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] ...cow? In reply to
Are you thinking of the trace metal, Molybdenum (Mo)? Its radioactive isotope, Mo-99, is used in nuclear medicine.

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] ...cow? In reply to
Yeah..thats it! Why do scientists and teachers always seem to have such scruffy writing? Crazy hehheh

Thanks Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Well this could be anything.. What line of work are you doing? I know of a few similar treatment names to treat cancer, if that helps.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] ...cow? In reply to
It's a metallic chemical element, one of the transition elements, chemical symbol Mo, atomic number 42. It is a silvery gray, relatively rare metal with a high melting point (4,730F, or 2,610C) that does not occur uncombined in nature. Since molybdenum and its alloys have useful strength at temperatures that melt most other metals and alloys, they are used in high-temperature steels. Applications include reaction vessels; aircraft, missile, and automobile parts; and electrodes, heating elements, and filament supports. Some molybdenum compounds (in which it has various valences) are used as pigments and catalysts. Molybdenum disulfide is a solid lubricant, used alone or added to greases and oils.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] ...cow? In reply to
LOL..good copy and Paste Paul Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I did do chemistry a-level :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 20, 2002, 9:48 AM
Quote Reply
So why didnt you know the name when I asked you over MSN a second ago...hehheh ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I don't listen to half the stuff you send me on MSN :)
Quote Reply
so what is the cow part about again?

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate