<form action="<%db_cgi_url%>/searchnew.cgi[/url]" method="GET">
I recall getting the "no records found" early on when working on this.
Also, I had a problem with including a category in the search - it would return a no records found. I found that if I changed the field name for category to say categorya and saved a second version of my links.def file with a differnent name like linksa.def and uploaded that to the admin folder and changed the required statement in the searchnew.cgi file, that I could avoid the problem. But I have worked on it some since then, I think the category problem has returned.
Let me expand upon that.
- open links.def
- rename the category field to categorya
- save the file as linksa.def
- upload the file to the admin folder
- open the searchnew.cgi file
- change the require links.def to linksa.def
- upload searchnew.cgi
I have attached a current version of the searchnew.cgi.
It may still have the category problem as above. But maybe I can work in it this week.
and don't forget the $build_search2_url in links.cfg.
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."