The DirName converter plugin can generate valid build directory names automatically, while it does invalid character conversion, based on Category names ('Full_Name' field). Conversion is based on very flexible plugin options. This conversion is non-destructive, since the converted values are placed into a new column, which name is set in Admin/Setup/Build Options/ in build_directory_field option.
Usage is recommended for users who use Non-English or special characters in 'Full_Name' field, but anybody else can find it useful, who need to copy 'Full_Name' values into another column, while a character conversion is done.
The plugin optionally can also generate 'Name' column values from 'Full_Name' column (this one feature is destructive, since it overwrites the old values with new one in Name column).
- Non-English_conversion: converts accented characters, but can be used for any kind of character replacement by changing the Non-English_chars & Matching_chars list.
- Invalid_replace_mode: replaces invalid chars with a user defined char (default is _ ). Valid charset is editable on admin interface.
- Merge_mode: merges multiple invalid chars (optional, admin interface)
- Trim_leading_mode: trims leading invalid chars (optional, admin interface)
- Trim_trailing_mode: trims trailing invalid chars (optional, admin interface)
- Debug_mode: option so you can display all changes how are done (optional, admin interface)
- Debug_list_only_changes: option to display only the debug info where there were really changes done
What's new in v1.0.5 (bugfix release):
- corrected a bug (use of 'category' instead 'Category') which caused problems on Unixes
- moved file level my() declarations to function level for mod_perl compatibility
- changed query 'do_query' to 'update' to have more elegant solution :)
- some small documentation changes
License: Freeware (Donationware)
Support Options: No support by default, but DONATORS get email support & CUSTOM MODIFICATIONS. For more info click the donation URL below.
Support, Donation, News & Update URL: http://links.jepp.hu/donation.html (click this link)
Related threads: International category & valid directory names, bug in dir Converter
Public release: Public versions are FREE to use by anybody for both private or commercial use. However if you find useful, donations are accepted.
Donator release: Donator version are the latest plugin version which is available, and contains Donator requested features. Donator releases are not available for the public, only 1 month later after the first release. However the donator versions are also available for those, who donates at least $20. When the 1 month delay, the plugin is released as public version, and will be available for free.
The public version of the plugin can be downloaded from Links SQL Admin/Plugins/Plugin Download/Show,
or from the http://links.jepp.hu/donation.html page, where the new plugin releases are first announced.
Paid Support from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...