It is very possible, that my solutions could be written more OOP friendly, so I would not need to duplicate core codes. In that case, when I will be more familiar with OOP, then I will rewrite those parts of my plugin. I'm always learning from my errors, faults, bugs, as all programmers do... So then I will release a bugfix release. But until that time, I do give my best knowledge to finish my plugins and make them bug free and user friendly. No matter what programming technique I used.
1) Most of these modifications are done to fit needs of my plugins, so they are not always the same what others would need.
2) If most of my main modifications are done in a basic function like "build_category", and I make it available for the public for free, then why I worked so much?
3) But there are some, which would be useful to released for the public. The release interval of LSQL is so rare, that I can not wait so much until the awaited feature will be appear in next release.
4) I contacted Alex through e-mail, but I still did not get answer for the cooperation offer, that we should cooperate together in improving the config system, the plugin system, and I offered that I would post my changes to the CVS of the LSQL or send the improved modules to GT to include to the core code of they like the changes. I never got answer to my offer...
I forgot to mention earlier, that I redesigned the URL treatment. It is a half finished development, which right now includes just the basic features for my needs. However if I do decide to finish it, I would be glad to allow including it in the core code of LSQL.
You can find our discussion with Alex about the change of URL generation here:
- URL generating thread (in the meanwhile I developed almost all features I asked, from 2. to 5. feature, except the 1st one, since it would need cooperation between Alex and me, but until not there is no cooperation...)
Pugdog, you are talking in general about LSQL developments but you did not suggested any alternate solution to core code duplication solution. Do you know alternate solution?
How would you do, to have all the error messages available separately like: "Telephone_error" or "Category_error" ?
EDIT: I mean available on add, modify pages
If you tell me alternate solution compared to my solution, then I will accept your point, not to duplicate core code.
Paid Support from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...