Due to the downturn in ad-revenue I have been looking at different ways of changing my revenue stream, and one of those I thought of was a Members Area where you could offer 'extras' to paid subscribers.
However, when I looked at available scripts to do this I found many of them lacking in features and I wondered if GT would be willing to start a project along these lines?
Here's a brief run-down of the things I'd be looking for:
• Database member record storage (txt/mysql)
• < FORM > based login prompt to place in HTML (as opposed to .htaccess 'popup' login)
• GROUPS and AREAS (to allow for multi-level membership)
• Mailing capabilities with <% tags %> to insert user-based info (password reminders, newsletter, etc.)
• Comprehensive user records with custom 'fields'
• 'Template' based screen prompts and form responses
I imagine that the GROUPS and AREAS would represent specific paths/URLs within a site and that these would be set through the ADMIN panel.
I also image it wouldn't include any 'subscription' management initially, since there would be many different payment methods/systems, but that this part could be developed later if required.
Does anyone else think this would be a useful package for GT to develop?
(i.e.; is there a demand for it?)
All the best