FileMan is written entirely in Perl, and will run on Windows, Unix or Mac operating systems. You have full access to all the source code and are free to make any changes you need. Below are the full system requirements for FileMan. If you have any questions regarding the requirements, please contact us.
- Operating System: FileMan is written entirely in Perl, so it will run on Microsoft Windows as well as most UNIX variants (Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac OS X, etc).
- Perl 5.004_04 or better: Most servers have Perl installed, so unless your web server is very out-of-date, you should have a new enough version of Perl installed.
- Perl Modules:
- Archive::Zip (optional)
- Compress::Zlib (optional)
- Web Server with CGI access: A web server such as Apache or Microsoft IIS with the ability to run CGI scripts is required.
- mod_perl (optional): For optimal performance, FileMan is designed to work under mod_perl. However, installation and setup is not a trivial process and usually requires a dedicated server and some co-operation from your hosting company. We offer shared and dedicated servers with mod_perl set up and configured.
What others say
“To have something not only install without and trouble, working without any problems, and do more than you'd hope for is a very rare thing! But your FileMan has done this for me. Rarely do I send comments, but felt I had to make an exception is this case as your programming solved all the problems and hassles I was having with my web hosting in one swoop. Thank you! I hope you can continue to provide your single user version for free, as it is the most useful bit of coding that I found in 6 years of surfing. Again Thanks.”
- Paul McBeath, Australia
Why not use a host that is set up specifically for Gossamer Threads products? If you are interested in outsourcing your FileMan installation, we can provide you with dedicated servers that have been tuned to run FileMan.