Mailing List Archive: Zope: Web

Re: zope.zope.org

Zope web RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

michael at d2m

Oct 7, 2009, 3:30 AM

Re: zope.zope.org

Forwarding an email - what do you think?

Regards
Michael

Milind Khadilkar wrote:
> Hi,
> I have pointed zope2.org to zope2.zope.org
>
> If there is any objection to it, please let me know and I will remove it.
>
> Thanks
> Milind Khadilkar
>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Milind Khadilkar <zedobject [at] gmail>wrote:
>
>> Congratulations on the new site.
>>

>> I had sent a mail on zope dev mailing list some 4 years ago (12/12/05):
>>
>> QUOTE from it:
>> 1. zope2.org
>> Since both zope2 and zope3 are "live" projects in their own right, and at
>> this point both have something to offer individually to the development
>> community and more importantly to each other, and since (probably,
>> hopefully) ZOPE as a brand is more important for both, why not have a
>> zope2.org site in addition to zope.org and zope3.org? The main zope.orgsite could address a common vision and focus on commonalities and common
>> concerns, while the individual sites could focus on issues specific to them.
>> I have just now discovered that zope2.org as a domain name is available
>> and have requested it to be booked. How do I transfer it to the zope
>> community, if it gets booked at all?
>>
>> UNQUOTE
>>
>> There was no significant response to the mail.
>>
>> The domain name has since been registered and I have been keeping it booked
>> (not for my personal benefit -- I have not used it) since Dec. 2005. I
>> repeat: I am willing to transfer it to zope community, if someone tells me
>> how to do it.
>>
>> Thanks and regards
>> Milind Khadilkar

- --
http://blog.d2m.at
http://planetzope.org

regebro at gmail

Oct 7, 2009, 3:47 AM

Re: zope.zope.org [In reply to]

2009/10/7 Michael Haubenwallner <michael [at] d2m>:

> Forwarding an email - what do you think?

I think that's very nice of Milind.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64

jens at dataflake

Oct 7, 2009, 6:44 AM

Re: zope.zope.org [In reply to]

On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:30 , Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Forwarding an email - what do you think?
>
> Regards
> Michael
>
> Milind Khadilkar wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have pointed zope2.org to zope2.zope.org
>>
>> If there is any objection to it, please let me know and I will
>> remove it.

That's very nice of him, but I fear it will only increase the
confusion about all those microsites that we have.

jens
Attachments: smime.p7s (4.70 KB)

lists at zopyx

Oct 7, 2009, 6:53 AM

Re: zope.zope.org [In reply to]

Am 07.10.09 15:44, schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:

> On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:30 , Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>
>> Forwarding an email - what do you think?
>>
>> Regards
>> Michael
>>
>> Milind Khadilkar wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have pointed zope2.org to zope2.zope.org
>>>
>>> If there is any objection to it, please let me know and I will
>>> remove it.
>
> That's very nice of him, but I fear it will only increase the
> confusion about all those microsites that we have.

It's just a redirect - so I don't see much problems with that.

Andreas
Attachments: lists.vcf (0.31 KB)

regebro at gmail

Oct 7, 2009, 7:16 AM

Re: zope.zope.org [In reply to]

2009/10/7 Andreas Jung <lists [at] zopyx>:
> It's just a redirect - so I don't see much problems with that.

Yeah, so long as nobody starts advertising that address widely it's
not a problem.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64

jens at dataflake

Oct 7, 2009, 7:25 AM

Re: zope.zope.org [In reply to]

On Oct 7, 2009, at 16:16 , Lennart Regebro wrote:

> 2009/10/7 Andreas Jung <lists [at] zopyx>:
>> It's just a redirect - so I don't see much problems with that.
>
> Yeah, so long as nobody starts advertising that address widely it's
> not a problem.

No one needs to advertise it actively, search engines will do that
sooner or later. From that viewpoint, it should not be there at all.

jens
Attachments: smime.p7s (4.70 KB)

regebro at gmail

Oct 7, 2009, 7:57 AM

Re: zope.zope.org [In reply to]

2009/10/7 Jens Vagelpohl <jens [at] dataflake>:
> No one needs to advertise it actively, search engines will do that sooner or
> later. From that viewpoint, it should not be there at all.

Any search engine of significance will handle the redirect correctly.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64