Mailing List Archive: Zope: Web

zope.org caching

Zope web RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

michael at d2m

Oct 10, 2005, 2:21 AM

zope.org caching

Looks like caching policy has changed again for anonymous access at
http://www.zope.org.

There are NewsItems missing on frontpage, the news.rss feed and the
/News pages are not updated (folder views need the /index_html, document
views need the /view appended).

I'd say, its pretty static atm ;)

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org

jens at dataflake

Oct 10, 2005, 2:33 AM

Re: zope.org caching [In reply to]

On 10 Oct 2005, at 10:21, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Looks like caching policy has changed again for anonymous access at
> http://www.zope.org.
>
> There are NewsItems missing on frontpage, the news.rss feed and
> the /News pages are not updated (folder views need the /index_html,
> document views need the /view appended).
>
> I'd say, its pretty static atm ;)

Yeah, that's probably why it has been halfway stable lately :P Try
appending query strings to URLs and see if you get the results you
expect.

jens

andrew at zope

Oct 10, 2005, 6:19 AM

RE: zope.org caching [In reply to]

Nothing has changed in the cache tier for sometime, so it's possible someone
went into the ZMI and added things to the HTTP Accerlated Cache Manager -
otherwise, I setup a default squid pattern match, that if the host is
zope.org and there are no headers, don't cache!

Andrew

--
Zope Managed Hosting
Software Engineer

andrew at zope

Oct 10, 2005, 6:20 AM

RE: zope.org caching [In reply to]

Note, one reason it might be behaving a little better is, I added a *real*
app server finally to the zope.org app server pool.

Andrew

--
Zope Managed Hosting
Software Engineer

michael at d2m

Oct 10, 2005, 6:27 AM

Re: zope.org caching [In reply to]

Andrew Sawyers wrote:

> Nothing has changed in the cache tier for sometime, so it's possible someone
> went into the ZMI and added things to the HTTP Accerlated Cache Manager -
> otherwise, I setup a default squid pattern match, that if the host is
> zope.org and there are no headers, don't cache!

well ok - i have jet to understand why the News and Products listing
frontpage is not updatable for anonymous (news items turned up just
recently for manager access).

see, we have a hotfix to announce and people won't get the news it the
pages don't update...

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org

andrew at zope

Oct 10, 2005, 6:45 AM

RE: zope.org caching [In reply to]

IIRC Brian was trying to do something with news items last week, and we were
theorizing it was maybe associated with a ram cache manager? I'll include
him, since I don't know if he's on this list or not.

Andrew

--
Zope Managed Hosting
Software Engineer