Mailing List Archive: Zope: Web

Sparse words news in ZopeOrg (2nd post)

Zope web RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ausum_studio at hotmail

Aug 26, 2004, 10:45 AM

Sparse words news in ZopeOrg (2nd post)

This is the contents of one of the last news in ZopeOrg:

"""
LiveZope-3.1 released
LiveZope_CAS_LAM2P-3.1 released,
Zope-2.7.2 with python-2.3.4, Plone-2.0.4,
CMF-1.4.6. The more details see
ftp://someurl
"""

Is it possible to not to allow this sort of mini messages? I'm not sure
they're looking for to inform our community as I suspect they just look for
a link.

Since news are written by contributors, and it's up to editors to accept
them or not, I suggest editors not to accept news items that don't observe a
set of minimal norms. IMHO, news at the very least should be a readable text
on the recent stuff they're reporting, having in mind non-Zope users and
also the own ZopeOrg's public image, and not just a mere link to another
resource.

Ausum

michael at d2m

Aug 26, 2004, 11:39 PM

Re: Sparse words news in ZopeOrg (2nd post) [In reply to]

Ausum Studio wrote:
> This is the contents of one of the last news in ZopeOrg:
>
> """
> LiveZope-3.1 released
> LiveZope_CAS_LAM2P-3.1 released,
> Zope-2.7.2 with python-2.3.4, Plone-2.0.4,
> CMF-1.4.6. The more details see
> ftp://someurl
> """
>
> Is it possible to not to allow this sort of mini messages? I'm not sure
> they're looking for to inform our community as I suspect they just look for
> a link.
>
> Since news are written by contributors, and it's up to editors to accept
> them or not, I suggest editors not to accept news items that don't observe a
> set of minimal norms. IMHO, news at the very least should be a readable text
> on the recent stuff they're reporting, having in mind non-Zope users and
> also the own ZopeOrg's public image, and not just a mere link to another
> resource.

+1 (i published that News Items after loking up the members folder. He
is from china and this seems to be his way to write. i will send him a
mail though.)

Michael

chris at simplistix

Aug 31, 2004, 2:35 AM

Re: Sparse words news in ZopeOrg (2nd post) [In reply to]

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> +1 (i published that News Items after loking up the members folder. He
> is from china and this seems to be his way to write. i will send him a
> mail though.)

Just because that's the way he writes doesn't mean you should publish
his news items ;-)

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk