Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Zope: Web

Zope book progress, was Re: http://zope.org/Documentation/Guides/

 

 

Zope web RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


pw_lists at slinkp

Aug 21, 2004, 9:51 AM

Post #1 of 3 (755 views)
Permalink
Zope book progress, was Re: http://zope.org/Documentation/Guides/

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 11:21:50AM +0200, Chris Withers wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
> >I appreciate your enthusiasm. But deleting docs is really a bad idea.
>
> Deleting misleading, outdated information is fine by me.
>
> >Remove links anywhere you see fit (that's all the page at this location
> >seems to point to)
>
> I'm talking about the contents of that folder. I'm not sure it's even
> linked from anywhere, hence the question...
>
> >Old docs at the very least they serve as an outline for what these types
> >of docs can contain
> >if/when we find people to volunteer to take over these documents.
>
> This is cute, but given the trouble we have finding anyone to maintain
> ANY docs, I'd hypothesise these will NEVER get seen, even as a basis for
> other docs.
>
> Besides, I'm fairly sure that ALL of those "guides" have been superceded
> by the Zope Book and Zope Developers Guide, neither of which are
> seeing much maintenence either ;-)

Please don't make pronouncements like that, smiley or no.
Do you really not know about this?
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/view
According to the signup page, 10 chapters are done,
6 in progress, 10 unclaimed, the remaining 4 assigned but unknown status.
Speaking for myself, I did some work on mine this week.

We need more volunteers. Any chance of doing a chapter, Chris?
Anyone?

Can't speak for the ZDG though. Anyone?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com
_______________________________________________
Zope-web maillist - Zope-web [at] zope
http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-web


chris at simplistix

Aug 21, 2004, 10:20 AM

Post #2 of 3 (730 views)
Permalink
Re: Zope book progress, was Re: http://zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ [In reply to]

Paul Winkler wrote:
>>Besides, I'm fairly sure that ALL of those "guides" have been superceded
>> by the Zope Book and Zope Developers Guide, neither of which are
>>seeing much maintenence either ;-)
>
> Please don't make pronouncements like that, smiley or no.

Apologies, no offence meant...

> Do you really not know about this?

I really didn't! sorry :-S

> http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/view
> According to the signup page, 10 chapters are done,
> 6 in progress, 10 unclaimed, the remaining 4 assigned but unknown status.
> Speaking for myself, I did some work on mine this week.

This is great news! Any chance I could tempt you to add a news item
about it to Zope.org?

> We need more volunteers. Any chance of doing a chapter, Chris?
> Anyone?

Sorry, busy trying to sort out the front page :-/

> Can't speak for the ZDG though. Anyone?

No comment ;-)

Chris

--
Simplistix - Content Management, Zope & Python Consulting
- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
_______________________________________________
Zope-web maillist - Zope-web [at] zope
http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-web


pw_lists at slinkp

Aug 23, 2004, 9:07 AM

Post #3 of 3 (743 views)
Permalink
Re: Zope book progress, was Re: http://zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ [In reply to]

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 07:20:53PM +0200, Chris Withers wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >Do you really not know about this?
>
> I really didn't! sorry :-S

OK, sorry for griping. I thought it was pretty well publicized
at the time Chris M. started the project, but that was
months ago.

> This is great news! Any chance I could tempt you to add a news item
> about it to Zope.org?

Submitted. I don't currently have rights to publish.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com
_______________________________________________
Zope-web maillist - Zope-web [at] zope
http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-web

Zope web RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.