Cheers
Rich

l at lrowe

Re: Sessioning [In reply to]

On 23 May 2012 10:56, Richard Harley <richard [at] scholarpack> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation on how to implement sessioning on Zope 2?
> Basically to set browser timeouts for the user so logout after say 20 mins
> of inactivity. The difficulty we've had previously is detecting what exactly
> 'inactivity' is...
> Cheers
> Rich

Take a look at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.session

It's a PAS plugin that uses signed cookies rather than server side
sessions. These cookies are timestamped and have an expiration timeout
after which they are considered invalid. When you use a short timeout
then there is some javascript that will update the cookie periodically
while the user is active on the page.

Laurence