Mailing List Archive: Zope: Users
Strange issues at string operations with request variables

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

lukesh at seznam

Jan 4, 2012, 1:32 PM

Strange issues at string operations with request variables

Hi all,

I have discovered strange issues with all request variables. Here are
examples only, but I was try all useable variables in the REQUEST.

I want to use redirect to another server with same relative link, but
different domain,some like that:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('redirect_URL', 'http://www.otherdomain.com' +
URLPATH0)">
<dtml-call expr="RESPONSE.redirect(_.str(redirect_URL), status=301)">

It does not work even if I make obstructions for request variables like
_.str(), _[''] etc.

In cases below variable 'redirect_URL' seems OK, but redirect goes into
loop.

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('redirect_URL', 'http://www.otherdomain.com' +
PATH_TRANSLATED)">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('redirect_URL', 'http://www.otherdomain.com' +
_.str(_['URLPATH1']))">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('redirect_URL', 'http://www.otherdomain.com')">

In cases below variable 'redirect_URL' = 'h'.

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('redirect_URL',
URL.replace(BASE0,'http://www.otherdomain.com')[0])">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('redirect_URL',
URL.replace(_.string.split(HTTP_HOST,':')[0],'www.otherdomain.com')[0])">

I was try different (very old) Zope, but result is the same.

It is possible my uncorrect handle with request variables, but how to handle
correct with them?

Many thanks,

J. Lukesh