Mailing List Archive: Zope: Users

Forcing zope to preload objects in cache

Zope users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

marco.bizzarri at gmail

Feb 8, 2011, 3:11 AM

Forcing zope to preload objects in cache

Hi all.

I've a Zope application; response time in the application is quite different
if the cache is already loaded with data from the ZODB (a Data.fs served
over ZEO).

The Zope/ZEO server is restarted every night, so, the cache is emptied every
night, and the first users to access the objects in the morning suffer from
longer response times.

I'd like to force Zope to reload the cache; of course, I could access
various pages using a wget or something liket that; but how can I force Zope
to 'fill' all connections, and just one?

Regards
Marco

--
Marco Bizzarri
http://code.google.com/p/qt-asterisk/

lukesh at seznam

Feb 8, 2011, 3:18 AM

Re: Forcing zope to preload objects in cache [In reply to]

Use wget after minute or so after restarting.

I've a Zope application; response time in the application is quite different
if the cache is already loaded with data from the ZODB (a Data.fs served
over ZEO).

The Zope/ZEO server is restarted every night, so, the cache is emptied every
night, and the first users to access the objects in the morning suffer from
longer response times.

I'd like to force Zope to reload the cache; of course, I could access
various pages using a wget or something liket that; but how can I force Zope
to 'fill' all connections, and just one?

jens at dataflake

Feb 8, 2011, 6:36 AM

Re: Forcing zope to preload objects in cache [In reply to]