Mailing List Archive: Zope: Users

Session question

Zope users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

aschmidt at fredericksburg

Oct 4, 2010, 1:47 PM

Session question

Zope 2.8.9.1 on Linux with ZEO

One admin client on box1
One search client on box1
Three public clients on box2
ZEO server and storage on box3

We have sessioning set up as own storage FS in ZEO.

Often, when referencing a session object, we get a key error that the
session object does not exist.
Most of the time, just a refresh or two will fix it but not the ideal case.

When I pack the session fs, even if I go to zero days, it only shrinks
down to about 220meg when it used to be about 32K (if I remember
correctly) after a zero days pack. Like a clean slate. The session.zec
file stays about 20meg.

Just curious how this all works and trying to pinpoint the problem. Have
tried deleting the zec files from all clients, packing the session.fs
file and flushing the cache and restarting all 5 clients only to have it
back to 220meg and the same 20meg zec file.

Not sure where to look next.

Thanks
-Allen