Mailing List Archive: Zope: Users

unable to acquire commit lock

Zope users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

iarlyy at gmail

Feb 24, 2010, 5:11 AM

unable to acquire commit lock

few days ago my I'm getting this errors when trying logging on /manage,
googling I don't found any reasonable solution and/or information about,
only thing was, "restarting zope instances works", thats true

Traceback:

2010-02-24T09:43:09 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://www.mywebsite.com/login_form
Traceback (innermost last):
Module Zope2.App.startup, line 238, in commit
Module transaction._manager, line 96, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 395, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 498, in _commitResources
Module ZODB.Connection, line 726, in tpc_vote
Module relstorage.relstorage, line 711, in tpc_vote
Module relstorage.relstorage, line 686, in _vote
Module relstorage.relstorage, line 593, in _prepare_tid
Module relstorage.adapters.mysql, line 506, in start_commit
Module relstorage.adapters.mysql, line 672, in _hold_commit_lock
StorageError: Unable to acquire commit lock

I looked at the code and this function _hold_commit_lock has the following
SELECT statement:

SELECT GET_LOCK(CONCAT(DATABASE(), '.commit'), %s)

I tried to reproduce it querying manually but it looks like an unknown
command, and other point, I don't know what Zope put in %s variable.

Does anybody already had this problem?

Thanks for any reply.

Regards,

- -
iarlyy selbir | ski0s

:wq!

dev101 at magma

Feb 24, 2010, 5:24 AM

Re: unable to acquire commit lock [In reply to]

Just a guess, but it looks like you are trying to get a transaction lock on
a mysql table, so does the mysql table you are using have a storage engine
that supports transactions (eg. InnoDB)?

Jonathan

[...]

Feb 24, 2010, 5:47 AM

Re: unable to acquire commit lock [In reply to]

When using relstorage + MySQL it creates seven tables to storage all
objects, following:

| current_object - ENGINE=InnoDB
| new_oid - ENGINE=MyISAM
| object_ref - ENGINE=MyISAM
| object_refs_added - ENGINE=MyISAM
| object_state - ENGINE=InnoDB
| pack_object - ENGINE=MyISAM
| pack_state - ENGINE=MyISAM
| pack_state_tid - ENGINE=MyISAM
| transaction - ENGINE=InnoDB

As you see there are tables using both InnoDB and other using MyISAM, thats
default setup relstorage do

Regards,

- -
iarlyy selbir | ski0s