Mailing List Archive: Zope: Users

Maintain Last Modified during Copy

Zope users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

brinegar at ecn

Feb 10, 2010, 10:47 AM

Maintain Last Modified during Copy

I'm looking for a way to copy content from one database to another
without updating modification times.

I believe the modification times are tied to transaction IDs which may
mean this isn't possible.

Moving objects does not update their modification times, but, it doesn't
seem to be possible to move objects from one storage to another.

One option that works is to copy the entire database, remove everything
I don't want, and then pack it. But this isn't ideal.

Any suggestions?

--
Brian Brinegar
Web Services Coordinator

stefan at epy

Feb 12, 2010, 4:29 AM

Re: Maintain Last Modified during Copy [In reply to]

Are you talking about (ZODB-level) bobobase_modification_time or about
(CMF/Plone-level) modified time? In the former case you are out of
luck, in the latter you can just set it back to its old value after
making the copy.

Stefan

On 10.02.2010, at 19:47, Brian Brinegar wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to copy content from one database to another
> without updating modification times.
>
> I believe the modification times are tied to transaction IDs which may
> mean this isn't possible.
>
> Moving objects does not update their modification times, but, it
> doesn't
> seem to be possible to move objects from one storage to another.
>
> One option that works is to copy the entire database, remove
> everything
> I don't want, and then pack it. But this isn't ideal.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Brian Brinegar
> Web Services Coordinator