Mailing List Archive: Zope: Dev
Sanity Check on zope.sessions and Zope 2.12.x

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

jrush at taupro

Sanity Check on zope.sessions and Zope 2.12.x

I'm chasing a problem when trying to use zope.sessions with Zope 2.12.x,
and I'm beginning to think that they are an incompatible mix of Zope2
and Zope3 technologies.

Can anyone confirm either way, so I know whether I'm wasting my time.

What is happening is when I adapt the request I receive to IClientId,
the CookieClientIdManager within zope.sessions code (logically) wants to
invoke request.response.getCookie(). However the response object my
view is receiving is a ZServerHTTPResponse, which lacks such a method.
Considering that Zope 2.12.x runs ZServer, it makes sense I'm seeing
ZServerHTTPRequest/ZServerHTTPResponse objects, but that means the
ClientIdManager inside zope.session is just not compatible with ZServer.

Am I missing something? Is there some magic someplace that fixes up the
incompatibility in some way I'm missing?

I'm guessing my only solution is to re-implement a ClientIdManager
utility that restricts itself to the API provided by
ZServerHTTPRequest/ZServerHTTPResponse.

-Jeff