Mailing List Archive: Zope: DB
[SOLVED]: ZSQL meyhod fr an Oracle Stored Procedure that Returns a ref_cur

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

banaouas.medialog at wanadoo

Nov 18, 2007, 11:33 PM

[SOLVED]: ZSQL meyhod fr an Oracle Stored Procedure that Returns a ref_cur

solution from zope-db archives was pointed to me by Maciej Wisniowski :
http://www.nabble.com/Re:-RE-:-How-lunch-SQL-request-from-python-script---t3039608.html

and here is the final implementation:

1-add a Z cxOracle Database Connection (myconnection) via pmi

2-add a python script for external method in Plone\Data\Extensions :
# myscript.py
def mymethod(self , somename):
conn = self.myconnection()
curext = conn.db.cursor()
curint = conn.db.cursor()
sql = "begin MY_PACKAGE.MY_PROC(:p_Cursor, :p_NAME); end;"
curext.execute(sql, (curint, somename))
data = TransformCursorIntoReadableText(curint)
return data

3-add an external method :
Id=mymethod
Module name=myscript
Function Name=mymethod

This external method can be called from a "Script (python)".

banaouas a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm starting to query an oracle 10g XE database from zope using ZSQL.
> I installed cx_Oracle-4.3.3-10g.win32-py2.4.exe and
ZcxOracleDA-0.5.tar.gz.