Mailing List Archive: Zope: DB

Please help me

Zope db RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

nvmquang at gmail

Feb 13, 2007, 1:52 PM

Please help me

Dear All,

My name's Quang, a new member. I have a problem to want everybody to help
me.

I would like to develop a new product running on Plone that can get data
from relational databases (SQL Server and Oracle). I know also to connect to
relational databases to install driver adapter.

Yes, I found some driver adapter as ZODBCDA, pymssql, mxODBC (not free) and
I installed it but it's not working. I don't know why. In event.log file, it
warm "ERROR Zope Could not import Products.ZODBCDA " and the same anothe
different driver. I can't create a new Z SQL database connection because I
can't see it on "Add" drop-down.

I'm using window XP with Zope 2.9.5-final, Plone 2.5, Python 2.4.3.

Please help me to install one driver adapter to connect to relational
databases.

Thanks a lot

Best regards,
Minh Quang

sudesh.soni at ebusinessware

Feb 13, 2007, 1:54 PM

Re: Please help me [In reply to]

If MxODBC adapter is available on free license you could install that.

--Suson
My name's Quang, a new member. I have a problem to want everybody to help me.

I would like to develop a new product running on Plone that can get data from relational databases (SQL Server and Oracle). I know also to connect to relational databases to install driver adapter.

Yes, I found some driver adapter as ZODBCDA, pymssql, mxODBC (not free) and I installed it but it's not working. I don't know why. In event.log file, it warm "ERROR Zope Could not import Products.ZODBCDA " and the same anothe different driver. I can't create a new Z SQL database connection because I can't see it on "Add" drop-down.

I'm using window XP with Zope 2.9.5-final, Plone 2.5, Python 2.4.3.

Please help me to install one driver adapter to connect to relational databases.

Thanks a lot

Best regards,
Minh Quang

dieter at handshake

Feb 14, 2007, 2:28 PM

Re: Please help me [In reply to]

Nguyen Viet Minh Quang wrote at 2007-2-14 04:52 +0700:
>I would like to develop a new product running on Plone that can get data
>from relational databases (SQL Server and Oracle). I know also to connect to
>relational databases to install driver adapter.
>
>Yes, I found some driver adapter as ZODBCDA, pymssql, mxODBC (not free) and

I fear the best approach is to use the commercial "ZmxODBCDA" and
carefully follow the installation instructions.

Before you pay, you can install it on a (limited) trial base.

Once, you have successfully managed "ZmxODBCDA", you
may rething whether you pay the (reasonable, as I have been told) fees
for "mxODBC" or try again with "pymssql" (for access to
the MS SQL server) or "cxOracle".(for access to Oracle).

The "ZODBCDA" is no longer reliably maintained (at least as far as I know).

--
Dieter