Mailing List Archive: Zope: DB

PloneFormGen + DataGridField -> Updating DB data

Zope db RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

lkraider at gmail

Feb 6, 2007, 4:49 AM

PloneFormGen + DataGridField -> Updating DB data

Hello :)

I'm currently using PFG+DataGrid fields to insert data on a MySQL DB,
but now I need a form to allow to update that data. How can I do this
with DG fields without having a column showing the ID?

Also, how can I delete DG fields from the database?

I submitted a feature request for PFG to allow DG fields have hidden
columns exactly for this purpouse, but is there another way I can do
this without having to wait this feature to (hopefully ;) getting
implemented?

Thanks

--
Paul Eipper

charlie at egenix

Feb 6, 2007, 4:55 AM

Re: PloneFormGen + DataGridField -> Updating DB data [In reply to]

Am 06.02.2007, 13:49 Uhr, schrieb Paul Eipper <lkraider [at] gmail>:

> Hello
> I'm currently using PFG+DataGrid fields to insert data on a MySQL DB,
> but now I need a form to allow to update that data. How can I do this
> with DG fields without having a column showing the ID?
> Also, how can I delete DG fields from the database?
> I submitted a feature request for PFG to allow DG fields have hidden
> columns exactly for this purpouse, but is there another way I can do
> this without having to wait this feature to (hopefully getting
> implemented?

Sounds like a PFG issue. If you can write your own template for the form
then there shouldn't be any problems.

Charlie

charlie at egenix

Feb 6, 2007, 8:56 AM

Re: PloneFormGen + DataGridField -> Updating DB data [In reply to]

Am 06.02.2007, 17:13 Uhr, schrieb Paul Eipper <lkraider [at] gmail>:

> I need to populate several DG fields on one form that will allow to
> update, delete and insert new data to my database. Is there a tutorial
> or some docs about that somewhere?

Sorry, I have no idea how DG works. There are tutorials on how to use
relational databases in Zope using ZSQL methods in the Zope book.

Charlie